webuser_71660

trundle bed that looks like double?

Tani H-S
4 years ago

In the middle of decoration the old lounge which will now become the main guest bedroom (ground floor) The 3rd spare room is currently my office.

We were thinking about how rarely we will have guests staying over and that we would use it more as a sort of workout room (so my OH doesn’t clutter the open plan room up with his sports stuff! LOL) and also in Summer it’s a north facing room we could sleep in when it got too hot upstairs (loft room!)

So, I was thinking that we could either have a sort of trundle bed (so permanent single but that extends out and up to make a double)
OR
a Murphy bed?

The trundle is cheaper but I hate the fact that there is only one headboard and footboard so would want one where the pull out has parts that make it look like a proper double?

The Murphy would give us floor space and a double mattress but it’s a lot more expensive and might look off just a big tall cupboard thing on the wall? Not exactly elegant.

Any thoughts??

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.