beano49

Crimbo tree/decoration pics 2019

Beano
last modified: 5 days ago

Only a matter of time so I’ll start, got the tree out early (for me) this year! Have to say, does put a smile on my face with the house looking a bit more festive :-) please share some pics

As you can see, I don’t go mental but I’m happy! :-)

• Gabby

Looks great Beano! so cozy and warm. Still love the styling of it all!

• Beano

Have you one up yet? I’m sure it looks every bit as well!

• Maria Knight

I’ve had the same tree for 25yr.

• Ribena Drinker

OMG already? We haven/t even bought ours yet!

• Sonia

No pressure then Beano! My decs are still in a box in the garage. Yours look amazing, warm, cosy and oh so stylish as always........:-D

• Beano

Lol @sonia, yep, have to get it up now, I just love seeing all the styles, tbh I love them all, can be contemporary or traditional :-) my mum has a very traditional tree and decoration, it’s like Santas grotto :-)

remember there are 25 days on the advent calendar, get em up :-)

• Gabby

Soon!! sooooooo soon!

Hopefully by the end of this coming week. I'm like you Beano - normally as close to 1st December and 6th of Jan as I can manage!

But after Tuesday I'm free to firstly build the rest of the new ikea furniture.. secondly hire a van and move all our old furniture and boxes back in... and then ??Christmas decorations! and then finish unpacking all the boxes and anything else left in the garage hahaha!

But until then, I'll enjoy all of yours :-)

• Ellie

Finally today moved into our new kitchen. Builder still to finish a few things.

• Sam N

I love seeing everyone's trees, they are all beautiful, I agree with Beano, I love all the styles whether modern or more classic/traditional. We put the trees up on the first weekend of December every year, it's just a bonus that the 1st fell on a Sunday this year so we get maximum enjoyment of them :-) I do love a real tree, we always had them growing up, but I have to admit to going for false trees now in my own home.... less pesky needles around the place. It has also made good financial sense as i Have had two of the trees for years and years. We have a new addition of a tree in our bedroom this year, which is possibly overkill, but we just love this time of year....who doesn't love some twinkly lights!? ;-)

• rachelmidlands

Was wondering who’d be the first to start this thread:-). Yours looks fab Beano! love the gnomes? on the mantel piece:) My trees are still in the garden, decorations in the attic. Hopefully by next week it will be a little more festive. In the meantime I’ll enjoy everyone else’s decorations. My trees are looking a little forlorn in the melting frost.

• Beano

Thanks both :-) @rachelmidlands they are a wee addition from my wife, they seem to be all the go now, sort of a Nordic feel to them, I was thinking of a garland of some sort of the hearth having seen @Sam N deco On the fireplace! rooms look great all :-)

• Patrina

A bit early for us but as my daughter expects her advent calendar sacks to be hung on the tree I had to hustle. Every year I go shopping after christmas for baubles. Hubby thinks we have enough I just smile at him and think. You just dont understand lol

• Daisy England

This year we have put ours in the Garden Room and left the patio door curtains open so we can see it.

• Daisy England

Lights on at night time

• Daisy England

And the fireplace too

• Beano

Patrina, your looks very America! Like out of a Christmas film!

Looking great daisy :-) your fairy been in the wine? ;-)

• Mary Anne Davies

May I ask where you found your tv media cabinet? All the trees are stunning! Xx

• Daisy England

Beano, yes the fairy has drank far too much. No matter how we shove the tree stalk she tilts ;-))

• Sonia

Fairies are meant to tilt, it’s one of the Christmas rules :-)

• Beano

@Mary Anne Davies if that’s mine your referring to, I made it :-) the wood is teak.

• Luciana

Beano, love your Xmas decor, very elegant and unaffable - and kudos for being able to keep it so restrained! My house becomes an explosion of green, red and gold, despite me trying to restrict myself.

The photos are from last year, I've not yet started decorating, mainly because I need to go foraging (in the back alleys) for foliage and berries. My problem is the utter mess I make especially in the kitchen and the thought of having to clean afterwards... uhhh I tend to leave it for as late as possible.

• Victoria

My small tree, and fireplace, big one not finished.

• Gabby

Wow! You guys they’re all so lovely! Love how Christmas trees automatically make the place look more cosy and in some ways homely!

Luciana - you do so well to go out foraging for a lot of your decorations! Would never have thought of it, but it’s a great idea!

And Victoria - that’s your small tree?? How big is the big one? It already looks like it’s almost hitting the ceiling! (But maybe just the camera angles!) regardless, it’s looking gorgeous!

I always wish at Christmas we had a fire place... purely to be able to decorate it! Hahaha

• Beano

@Luciana i remember your tree because of your lovely extension glass ceiling and side, ohh and your very unusual sofa, that really caught my eye in a good way :-)

• Sarah U-S

I love Christmas! This time last year I was dreaming of having a fire surround around my woodburner (it had been ordered but didn’t arrive until January). Now it’s here, I’m not entirely sure how to do it justice - so keeping things simple to start with.

OnePlan

Am loving all your pics so far ! MrOnePlan hasn’t come home with a tree yet .... but can’t resist posting this ( stolen from Facebook )

• Monica

Beanno STOP IT !!! I adore your tree and envy your restraint, it looks perfect. I am never early but by Monday we had six trees up ( don't worry four are only slim jim ones). I cannot express how much I love Christmas and how much joy I get from seeing my house filled with the warm glow of twinkle lights. Obsessed and more is more like with everything I do, will take some pics soon. Meanwhile I wanted to say thank you to you all for sharing your beauties, loved seeing them while sipping my tea this morning :) And that picture made me laugh out loud Karen !!! HO HO HO .

• Beano

@Monica 6! You melt the national grid! Lol, seen your kitchen pics that had a few :-) have to say, I do love the way it makes our home feel with some decorations up, feel like snow spaying my garden!

i-architect

My driftwood flat wall hung xmas "tree" in the hall, with all the little decorations that my 4 yr old loves. I love a minimal folk art rustic kind of look!

• nmlondon

This summer we returned back to London after a few years in Abu Dhabi and I am really really enjoying decorating the tree and the house. Our past Christmases there didn't feel "right" and Christmas Brunch when it is +27 outside (a cool winter day) just is not Christmassy at all really... :)

• Beano

Have to say I’m very envious of some of your period homes!

Kat Herrgott-Penter

Very pretty!