beano49

Crimbo tree/decoration pics 2019

Anthony
last modified: 9 months ago

Only a matter of time so I’ll start, got the tree out early (for me) this year! Have to say, does put a smile on my face with the house looking a bit more festive :-) please share some pics

As you can see, I don’t go mental but I’m happy! :-)

• Emma Cordell

Finally got one this weekend.

• Gabby

Wow Ribena!! That spread is amazing!! You should feel so proud! Also love the Christmas tree!

Emma, are they dehydrated orange slices on your tree? Love the creativity!

• Sam Potter

Ribena I'm totes jel of those canapes. My cooking marathon starts this afternoon. Tell me you secrets!

• Sam Potter

Emma your tree is gorgeous. Like Gabby I'm really impressed with the orange slices. I'm stealing that idea!

• Emma Cordell

Thanks Gabby and Sam. Yes, orange and lemon slices baked in a very low oven. Lemon slices took about 2 hours, oranges took 3+.

• Ribena Drinker

Sam - starting about 2 months ago and freezing everything that could be frozen. LOL

Another tip which we use is, if you're short of fridge space when getting things plated up and finished off beforehand, we've got some big professional catering black plastic platters with clear plastic lids, which we load up with the stuff as we finish it and pop outside on the garden table, then we can plate it all up and lay it out properly on the table, closer to the time.

Obviously, this only works in the winter, but it gives you a giant natural fridge! They're fairly cheap to buy and are re-usable, they really make everything so much easier. The other plus is, if you're running short of time, the trays are so nondescript, that if you don't get round to plating up properly, you can just use them straight on the table.

The other secret weapon is a very obliging other half, who is interested in cooking.

• Sam Potter

Fab tips there! I'm not hosting a big Xmas this year, just me, two grown up girls and my parents, but I throw a couple of parties a year. and I'm gonna try this.

• Sam Potter

Emma, can you reuse them every year, or do you throw them away after one Xmas?

• Emma Lamb

I like white and sparkly in the sitting room and more traditional in the kitchen. My hanging bough made by my gorgeous d, who is at college studying floristry. It took her 3 hours and no amount of money offered to her by friends and family have convinced her to make one for them:-)

• lesannfull

Lounge and dining room trees.

• Jules Mc

Love seeing all of your trees and Christmas decs. Bit late to the party but it's the first time in ages the house has been tidy enough to take a photo!! Happy Christmas everyone!!

I can’t claim any credit but rather lovely anyway

• E D
    last modified: 9 months ago

You call that tidy, Jules?

Socks hanging to dry on the fireplace, toys and boxes all over the floor... lol.

Actually, it all looks lovely and warm!

• Jules Mc

Ha ha you don't see your own mess do you ED?
    Thank you! Although don't tell my other half it looks warm. He'll turning off the heating again until February!!

• Anthony

new home @Jonathan? Looks very nice!

@Beano not yet moved- assuming the movement can be resolved we will move in January.
    The picture shows the trees leading to the ensuite but the staff have put them too close together and I keep grazing the trees with my golf cart.

• Anthony
    last modified: 9 months ago

Ahhh..... :-) where is it if you don mind me being nosey! Looks a lovely room in the background

• Sonia

Crikey Jonathan you use a golf cart indoors, and you have staff? Do you live in a stately home lol? :-))

• rinq
    last modified: 9 months ago

I guess Jonathan lives in a furniture store, somewhere fancy ;)

Actually those trees are at a hotel I stayed at last week..... but I can dream of living in a Stately home

• Patrina

lol you guys are hilarious! :-)

• Gabby

Well I’ve left for warmer climates and am visiting my brother in Oz so he’s not spending alone as he didn’t think he’d be able to come home.. but he’s gone all out with decorations to make it feel festive despite the heat and bought enough food to feed an army! (There’s about 6 desserts hahaha)

• Anthony
    last modified: 9 months ago

Have a great one @Gabby

ohh and everyone else, Merry christmas

• wheezy11
    last modified: 9 months ago

Still in the middle of building work but the floor is just about laid. No kitchen as yet, but we’re quite happy with our tree. Looking forward to joining in next year with something more baubly. Merry Christmas you inspirational people

OnePlan

Merry Christmas lovely peeps !!!

• Gabby

Thanks Beano!

Hope everyone has a lovely day!

• Victoria

My tree this week ;-)

• Alice Sermanni

Merry Christmas

• T Gray

Only found the cat resistant tree decorations on the evening of the 24th, popped them on the tree... they are now mostly on the floor. :D Ah well, it did look nice in the 30 minutes before they woke up and discovered the new toys. :D

• pmasmith3

Christmas tree and Christmas table!

• Monica
    last modified: 8 months ago

I am sliding in with our photos just as the last minutes of 2019 are rolling over. We had a house full here since Christmas Eve eve and not had a moment to share. I went all out just like I always do and loved every second. Wishing you all a very Happy New Year full of gorgeous interiors nd satisfying diy projects <3

• Patrina

Monica, all looks perfect. My favourite has to be the pic of the pooch with his lovely bow. Wishing everyone a very Happy, healthy and prosperous 2020.

• Anthony

Echo above, looks fantastic, health to enjoy plenty of years in it :-)

• Sam Potter

Monica, just stunning! Happy New Year everyone Xx

• Victoria

Looks like the pages of a stylish Christmas interiors magazine, Monica. Gorgeous!

• minnie101

Oh wow Monica, Victoria took the words out of my mouth, it looks stunning and Olly looks so cute :)

Happy new year all and here's to the last day of cooking/entertaining for a while!

• Monica

I cannot eat anymoreeeee...Well maybe after I finish the sourdough I'm about to pop in the oven LOL Many thanks for the sweet words loves <3

• Jules Mc

Agree it looks stunning Monica. And I moan at the effort of putting up my one tree !! Love your fireside chair arrangement too. See that layout all the time in USA homes but not so much here. I think it's perfect!

• Monica

Aww thanks Jules, it was the only way we could fit our two big sofas and the chairs in here. I wish the arrangement could have been a bit tighter around the fire and more in line but even though the room is square the chimney breast is not in the middle. And I had two more trees I have not photographed... I am Christmas crackers !! so sad it's nearly all over :(

• Gabby

Wow Monica!! Can I hire you to come fix up my house next year?? That’s looks picture perfect. Love the pic of Ollie - such a photogenic one!

Happy new year everyone!

• Jules Mc

Nice to hear Monica. I love the house when the decs are up (cover a multitude of sins!). I put them up pretty late compared to most these days but hate them coming down to reveal unfinished jobs and less than perfect paintwork!!

• Monica

Amen !! Isn't hat always the case ?? I am however ready to tackle some jobs again :)

• LTS

Wow Monica your decks look stunning!

@J.J. Love your wall decoration above the chair - can I ask where you bought it?

• Ellie

I love all these pics, but I've started to tidy up what to me is just a big mess now!

• Sonia

All my decs are down and order has been resumed, I know what you mean Ellie! :-)

• Patrina

With a daughter born on New Years Eve all my decor were taken down before her birthday. Must admit it was a bit sad but my now10 year old loves that we make her day about her.

• J.J.

LTS

Thank you,It’s a large wire wall hanging, purchased from Laura Ashley a few years ago.

• Maggie

Hi @Monica, I just loved your armchairs :) Where are they from, do you remember??

M,

xx

• Monica

I found them on eBay like new but they were from Homesense as they still had the price on them underneath.

• Monica

Sorry Maggie just realised you meant the chairs in the lounge. They are by Duresta 😊