webuser_671630526

Stressed with choices and demanding builders

jenny edge
4 years ago

We started our kitchen extension back in October. The builder really wanted me to use Howdens because he's used to them and has a good relationship with them.

We went round for a design consultation which pretty much lasted 20 mins. She sent over the plans which looked alright but she didn't give us any real info and spec on appliances etc.

My builder is saying, you need to make a decision on electrics now as we need to crack on, they've put down the underfloor heating and made a space where the island on Howdens plans went. This wasn't set in stone as I hadn't agreed yet.

Anyway, we went to look at Tom Howley kitchen over the weekend and they came round for a really thorough chat about dislikes/likes, what works etc. Tom Howley guys said that because builder has already put underfloor heating down, that would affect warranty if appliances and furniture was sat on top of it if the design would change.

I really want a beautiful kitchen, the builder wants information after Xmas but tom Howley say Ill have to wait until 13th for the new designs.

im totally overwhelmed

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.