aaron_a49

Can a rear exit gas stove be fitted here?

Aaron A
4 years ago

So I'm in the process of renovation my house and am currently working on the living room. It had a old gas fire fitted (Robinson Willey Firegem according to pictures i've found on Google) I have a pre-cast flue and the aperture measures 350mm wide and tall, and 90mm deep, it tapers off as it goes up the wall (I haven't measured this). I really wanted a full wood log burner but that's just not going to be possible for sensible money, so I'm happy to stick with gas for now, but it has to be a stove looking burner.

https://www.stovesareus.co.uk/stoves/gas-stoves/conventional-flue-gas-stoves/broseley-canterbury-slimline-gas-stove.html

I'm looking at something like this, it says suitable for pre-cast flue blocks, but says it needs a 5" flue which I have no idea if I have or not.

I've attached pictures of the hole in my wall below if it helps.

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.