matt_sb

Are my renovations within UK regulations?

Matthew Spearman-Burn
14 January, 2020

Hi

I have recently bought a 2 storey house with a loft conversion. I want to make some renovations and have two questions.

1) If I knock down the walls marked in red and build new walls and a door marked in blue will I still be within UK fire safety regulation? I think I will be as there will be a wall and door separating the stairwell and kitchen / bathroom.

2) Currently my waste water pipe from my bathroom runs down one of the walls I would like to knock down. Ideally I would like to take it outside and then reconnect it back at ground floor level. Are there any regulations against this? My house is end of terrace and is freehold and is on a private estate.

Any help on this will be much appreciated ! Thanks