minipie

Blank canvas grey bedroom, what would you do with it?

minipie
4 years ago

We’ve recently renovated and played it very safe in our bedroom which has pale grey walls, wardrobes and carpets. I’m no good at decor and had run out of steam after months of building!

I‘m looking for curtains, bed, bedsides and rug with different tones and textures to make it more interesting. I’m a bit scared of large chunks of pattern though especially for the curtains. I also need to get new wall lampshades, these ones are not right for the lights (slightly regret choosing these wall lights, too hotel-y, but can’t justify replacing them really).

Photos are below, any ideas would be great! Thank you PS please excuse the temporary curtains and the chairdrobe 😳

Comments (51)

• Carolina
    4 years ago

Oh wow! What a great room and I love the bathroom, especially the tiles. Beautiful! I think you need Minnie101 :-) But since you asked 'what would you do with it', I'll have a think too,

minipie thanked Carolina
  • minipie
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you Carolina! Yes I like the bathroom and would quite like to tie it into the bedroom somehow if I can? Maybe the bronze from the mirrors? Really kicking myself for not choosing bronze wall lights in a more vintage style. Never mind!

• Related Discussions

Blank canvas bedroom

Q

Comments (2)
    It is important to think about the actual space you are decorating the room looks relatively cosy so warm colours (reds, oranges etc) will bring it in more yes it will make it cosy but may start to make it feel too compact !!! Cooler colours will help to push the room out but predominantly they can look cold and are used a lot in bathrooms to help maximise the space I suggest something like amonite by farrow and ball
    ...See More

With a blank canvas, how would you lay out your open plan living area?

Q

Comments (18)
    I had a similar design quandary - hunt for OnePlan on Houzz. She has a sliding scale of design charges, and we paid for a couple of hours design work. She came up with several designs for us, and we were able to make some changes which she incorporated into the final sketch. We're currently getting quotes for the actual build.
    ...See More

Main bedroom - blank canvas

Q

Comments (18)
    What a lovely room! If you do go neutral, then any colour can be added as a highlight, and all blues go very well with that greige coloured wardrobes. I’ve done my bedroom quite Country twee with Sharpes wardrobes in stone, walls in Dulux Egyptian Cotton and a brushed brass bed. I chose white bedroom furniture from The Cotswold Company. I’ve used pink highlights to tie in with the Laura Ashley curtains. I’m not saying you should do the same, just that mixing furniture can look really good. Good luck with whatever you choose.
    ...See More

Garden blank canvas what to do?

Q

Comments (9)
    Hi Tiago Silva I would think of ways of breaking the space looking down the garden with planting - currently you look straight down it with nothing of interest and to break up what you are seeing. It would be great when you have the hot tub etc at the bottom for it to be partly hidden by planting and foliage. Create what I call 'transparent height' - planting that blocks your view quite a bit, but still has gaps through it where you can see exciting and tantalizing hints of things further down the garden. Stories, journeys and a bit of mystery all make for a great garden and it would also create the 'two' garden areas/rooms feel that Emily suggests. Don't be afraid of wide (0.5 - 1.0m+) curving beds - most people run small thin beds down the side which look boring and don't have enough space for the plants to grow properly. Having larger beds also means there are loads of low maintenance shrubs you can plant that you can leave just to grow, instead of having to cut them back all the time to keep them to their space. Take a look at this Houzz story - it really demonstrates what I mean as regards the design, although you would use more low maintenance shrubs. https://www.houzz.co.uk/magazine/garden-tour-clever-curves-bring-beauty-to-a-modest-outdoor-space-stsetivw-vs~84375480 
    ...See More
  • Sonia
    4 years ago

What a lovely room. Beautifully decorated and just waiting for those finishing touches. I love the grey and I think plain curtains in an elegant silk or faux silk would look amazing. I would choose a colour similar to your decor, so like your door colour or wall colour. I’m a fan of white bedding, then you can add some cushions and a throw either in a similar colour to the curtains, or navy or a truffle shade would be nice. I also think blush pink would look lovely with the grey, but I know pink isn’t for everyone! I think your inspo pics are great and a good place to start.

minipie thanked Sonia
  • Juliet Docherty
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

What an amazing room. I would be tempted to take the bronze onto the wall behind the bed to add a darker value and then add bedlinen that is lighter. That way you are creating interest by altering the tones, rather than just adding colour.

minipie thanked Juliet Docherty
  • minipie
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you both! I like the idea of plain curtains, maybe a little lighter or darker than the walls to add some interest but not too far off. I can’t have silk as it will rot (S facing) but will take a look at faux silks. I also thought of linen, not sure if the slightly crumpled look will work here or not? What about adding an edge trim

If I’m honest I’m not sure about too much pink (I’m old enough that grey and pink makes me think 80s 😉) although a bit here and there would be nice... or maybe more of a rust colour?

Colourhappy, how would I take the bronze onto the wall behind the bed? Did you mean with paint or a bronze/dark browny coloured bed - we are looking at upholstered beds so could choose any colour for that. Definitely agree the room needs some darker bits...

• Juliet Docherty
    4 years ago

A deep olive gold upholstered bed would look great. Designers guild have some amazing fabrics. Something along the ochre, gold, grey/gold colour way.

minipie thanked Juliet Docherty
  • minipie
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks Colourhappy - I’ve been trying to find olive gold but it brings up quite a variety... Did you mean something like this colour?

• E D
    4 years ago

Great looking (and feeling!) bedroom and bathroom.

I even like the way the bedding looks at the moment, so I think a grey-ish off-white would work.

Your space looks so nice that if I was in your shoes, I would probably be a little nervous to make any changes. :-)

I’m sure you’ll make the right choices.

I do share your thoughts on the wall lights though.... Sorry.

minipie thanked E D
  • minipie
    Original Author
    4 years ago

E D I know 🤦‍♀️ I blame my husband, he really likes them!

Glad you like it the way it is ... definitely need at least some curtains to replace the stained fleece blankets though 😁 so need to work out some sort of idea for the room!

• minnie101
    4 years ago

Thanks Carolina, me and neutrals may actually be Minipie's worse nightmare 😂 It's great to see you back regularly btw and am looking forward to your ideas which will be fab as always 😊

minipie thanked minnie101
  • minipie
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Oh I’m intrigued by that, what would you do minnie101? Are you going to suggest a massive floral mural 😁 admit that might be a bit far for me!

• minnie101
    4 years ago

minipie those rooms are beautiful! Did you actually want to add colour or stick to "neutrals"? I quite just like the green grey paint with green gold and navy as in the first pic.

I tried various shades of bronze, bronze green, olive etc on your back wall but each time I photoshopped it changed the colour 😂

so my only thought so far was a kit kemp style headboard, as I thought it would work well between the wardrobes. Not sure what you think? It's from Button and Sprung and there looks to be a few fabrics which would work.

i may be wrong but I'm not sure linen copes that well with the sun either? I actually like washed linen curtains and if if you look at images of Imperfect Interiors (think one of your inspiration pics was one of Beth's), she often seems to use them. If it's not great, I think (!) I had some faux silks from James Hare which were good

• minnie101
    4 years ago

😂 i got distracted whilst typing so missed your comment! Massive florals do not sound like your type of thing 😂

• Carolina
    4 years ago

Ha, thanks Minnie :-)

Anyway... I'm all for ton-sur-ton and not a lot of colour in a bedroom, so this is probably what I would do: subtle pattern in curtains, faux silk roman blinds, cute Westelm bedding, some lovely art and a one or two 'different' pieces, like this Chinese night stand (although I'm not sure you have space for nightstands?). Could be an antique chest of drawers or mirror too. Something that makes you smile when you see it. Oh, and I can't really see your wall lights, but since you're not that keen, I've picked different, bronze ones. You know... because I could :-D

http://www.westelm.co.uk/candlewick-duvet-cover-shams-stone-gray-b2946

minipie thanked Carolina
  • minipie
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you both so much!

Minnie, I like neutrals mostly for this room, but definitely would want different tones - so some dark and mid in there as well as the current pale - and I do like natural materials so like the idea of adding in some browny bits like wood and leather was appealing. And/or maybe some pink bits or green bits but muted not “pops of colour” ... So yeah kind of like that top picture (no dog, but we do have a similar colour cat!)

I like the dark bedhead wall you’ve done. That’s better than a dark bed which is what I was previously thinking. Maybe I can get some sort of panelling put there (would also provide some extra soundproofing) and painted dark and that would distract from the lights...!

I do like that headboard but it’s quite formal, the room seems to lend itself to formal I must say, but I’m trying to make it relaxed! I was looking at pillow style headboards maybe? Actually I originally wanted an extra wide velvet headboard across the whole alcove but then realised we put the plug sockets in the way 🤦‍♀️

I will find out about linen and sun, thanks for the warning.

Carolina - you are right the room definitely needs some more individual items. That painting is great, what is it? And I really like that curtain/blind combo too. Hadn’t thought of roman blinds under curtains, but we do need something for privacy so that could be good.

Is there a patterned rug that would look good here... something irregular/natural like a beni ourain but not..?

I also like split bamboo roller blinds as shown in some of my inspo pics but somehow that kind of beachy bohemian look just does seem right for this room does it?

• minipie
    Original Author
    4 years ago

*doesn’t

• minnie101
    4 years ago

i will have a look again tomorrow but do agree the room lends itself to formal (and with the ensuite). I was just wondering what you thought of this room (with a couple more modern accessories). It has a formal/elegant look but has lots of texture and a relaxed feel. Would this sort of thing appeal with some tweaks?

• minipie
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Yeeees... it’s a lovely room and very nice, elegant decor and I like the colours but it’s a bit more traditional in style than I ideally wanted?

Was it you who mentioned imperfect interiors, I’ve just been looking at her site and it’s vrey much up my street!

• shelleyuk
    4 years ago

I love your room. I think you've made a good start and I'd be trying to make sure that whatever you do ties in with the lovely bathroom. Have you thought about vintage pieces? I'm in the middle of doing our master suite (practically the same colour as you've used on your walls) and Ive bought things really cheaply and customised them. I have a gorgeous art deco chair which I'm reupholstering in emerald green velvet and then Ive bought an art deco display cabinet ($40!) and a really gorgeous desk/dressing table. I've used linen look curtains with faux silk blinds.

My bedding is plain white since we're having a patterned wallpaper on some walls but then Ive bought a gorgeous thick velvet quilt to go over it.

• Carolina
    4 years ago

I’ve grabbed the painting off the Loaf site. They have gorgeous art (judging from website), probably giclee prints

• minnie101
    4 years ago

I did mention Imperfect Interiors, in fact if this is what you had in mind for the headboard (by natural mat) she has similar in her own house (2nd pic!). They've got a number of fabrics but thought the french grey may work. I also like the mid century lights in both? Just thinking as they're such an elegant shape they'd work really well with the room? Maybe for a floor lamp if you're not allowed to change the others!

is this what you mean by an irregular patterned beni ourain?? It's all I can find so far! First 2 are Urbanra and the others by Woven, they've got some nice rugs including abstracts with tassels.

As you mentioned leather, I thought a woven leather bed end stool could work? I love this off white one by Souk Collections but struggling to find it ATM!

i will have a proper look again later. Btw, are the chair and bench staying and what's the distance between the wardrobes and the size of the mattress?

i forgot to say if you do looked at washed linen curtains I had a lot of samples from Ada and Ina which were good.

• minipie
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Hi minnie, thank you so much!

Yes that is exactly the kind of headboard I meant, it’s lovely. We have a tricky issue with the alcove as it’s only 228 wide and our mattress is king size, most upholstered king beds are 170+ which doesn’t leave enough for the usual 35cm bedsides.

Actually I think that bed might solve the issue since the base is very compact, so we could fit in 35cm bedsides and put them partly in front of the headboard? In fact we could go bigger on the headboard if we do that, I could even see if they could do the larger queen headboard size with the king base.

<cogs whirring>

The other option is we get a wider bed and just install teeny shelves each side as bedsides - we don’t need much stuff!

Rugs - yes that’s the kind of thing, especially the top two, basically anything that’s a slightly softened monochrome if that makes sense?

I like those lights ... I am trying to work out whether I can justify changing the ones we have 🙈 although it would be wall lights I’d go for especially given the bedside limitations. I also really like the bench! Does it come in tan do you know? I will have a hunt for it.

The chair and the bench could go live elsewhere, especially the bench but I’m sure the chair could find a home somewhere too. I do need somewhere for my chairdrobe though ;)

• minnie101
    4 years ago

It's a tricky one with the bed. You mentioned panelling before, what if you were to do that and then build out little box frames for bedsides so effectively you'd have floating cubes although they'd be rectangles?! I hope that makes sense as not sure I would be able to find a picture 😂

Ok, I will see if I can find some similar rugs, that 3rd one was a bit stark! Here's a link to a tan bench.

https://myvintagehome.co.uk/product/leather-woven-bench-in-tan/

I've also just thought a dark parquet bench could work (picking up the bathroom tiles). Annoyingly I came across one a couple of days ago but now can't find it..

I've also seen this one,may, not sure if you like?

https://www.pib-home.co.uk/armchairs-and-chairs/benches/bench-larsson=0592424?af=6004&utm_source=comparateur_StyleLightUK&utm_medium=flux_xml&utm_campaign=flux_StyleLightUK

ive also added this cushion (house doctor art cushion) as thought you may like it as you liked the abstract art. I would just pile the bed with a hannelin/crinkle cotton throw and then add linen cushions(H&M) etc

I think the mid century lights would be fab and really set the style, could you not re-use the others elsewhere? They may need to be moved anyway as may not work with the headboard height?

I like your chair but would probably use the bench elsewhere. I'd wait until you've got curtains but maybe an antique tall boy could work between the windows?

• minnie101
    4 years ago

They're not the cheapest but you may like some of these rugs, will just have to make sure it doesn't clash with the carpet

https://www.maroctribal.com/beni-ourain-rug

• minipie
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you! Love, love those rugs. I need to wait and see if the building work has got rid of our moth problem 🤞 if it has I can justify one of those I think. We were going to have one in the front room but decided not to as it would make the underfloor heating ineffective (it’s already struggling a little in that room). If we see any signs of moth maybe I’ll look for one of the man made copies although they are not as nice... or maybe a patterned jute/sisal rug although they are not soft underfoot.

I also really like the tan leather bench, thank you for finding! I like the other ones too but the leather bench adds more colour and texture. The crumply throw is nice too although I can hear my husband saying it’s messy ... I will look for one that is casual enough for me but neat enough for him. Maybe a very subtle nude pink? Or neutral/lineny colour. The current blue/grey throw can go elsewhere. He is pretty allergic to cushions on the bed too (I’m with him on that one, who can be bothered every day) so it might need to be cushions/ throw on the bench and chair instead.

There isn’t anywhere else we can use those lights but I’ve just thought my parents might have a use for them... or I can ebay them I guess. Yes the lower lights are also causing bed restrictions... this is what happens when you just want to get stuff finished so you can move back into the room and don’t think about how the last bits are going to work!

Tallboy is an excellent suggestion, I hadn’t thought of that. We had vaguely said we’d have a console table but I don’t really want one there.

As you can possibly tell my husband likes everything minimalist, grey and matching, a bit formal and hotel-y and I like handmade, colourful, casual.... We overlap in liking natural materials and old things!

• minnie101
    4 years ago

You're welcome. God I hope so, not long after you were deliberating over carpets vs wood we also got the flippin things, not something I want to repeat or wish on anyone! Fingers crossed but I think (?) jute is softer than sisal and there are some nice patterned ones around.

i have to say I love those crinkle throws or anything with a tassel! If cushions are out 😭 maybe linen bedding and then add a set of different colour pillowcases or does that sound naff?! I like the idea of nude pink.

Things like that always happen when you're in a rush to finish. I do think mid century style ones would look lovely though If you can put the others to a good home.

😂 At least there is overlap somewhere! It must be difficult trying to combine styles. I will keep my eye out for anything else you might like. I was also thinking of a round bronze side table next to the chair but haven't found one yet.

• minnie101
    4 years ago

Edit : maybe scrap the linen bedding, you could end up with a linen bed, curtains and bedding! Not much of a mix of textures!

• PRO
    OnePlan
    4 years ago

Linen bed linen is easy peasy to keep - so maybe keep that and have different texture on the fabrics you don’t launder every week ???

minipie thanked OnePlan
  • PRO
    Abstract House
    4 years ago

Love your scheme and the fitted wardrobes! It's great to have such good storage in your bedroom. Have you considered an original painting above your bed? Here is one from our collection at AbstractHouse.com with gold and pale pinks if you want that pop of colour. It's full of texture and would work well in your elegant, beautiful space.

I also noticed you included a gallery wall as part of the schemes you liked. This feels like it would fit perfectly in between the two windows.

I hope this helps! But please let me know if you have any questions at all. Good luck and can't wait to see what you do with the space!

minipie thanked Abstract House
  • E D
    4 years ago

Ooh 😮, that abstract artwork in between the wall lights somehow does look an awful lot like a TV.

minipie thanked E D
  • minipie
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Ooh more posts, just catching up!

Minnie sorry to hear you got the dreaded moths. Did you manage to get rid of them? Well done if so, I never managed it despite binning, washing, freezing, traps ...

Ha at all the linen 😁 I do like linen, it’s definitely going to be linen curtains and I’ve sent off for a whole stack of samples from Ada & Ina thanks so much for the tip! Not too pricey either. The pillow shaped headboards are also best in linen I think. So the rest had better be something else! I have lots of plain white cotton bedlinen so likely to stick with that for a while. Velvet throw maybe (I love tassels too). Velvet or grosgrain edging on the curtains? And the cushions can be all sorts of textures, maybe kilim-y but in neutrals.

Leather bench if I can persuade the husband, I think he had more of a daybed in mind for that spot. Maybe I can find a leather daybed... very Freud 😁. Bronze side table sounds fab.

So - if I can change the lights - what lights would I get? I would need a set of non switched for the upper ones and a set of switched reading lights for the lower (could get the same again but in bronze) It’s the upper ones that are tricky, I like the look of all the adjustable arm ones but we don’t actually need that since we have the reading lights too.

Pictures are a good idea, though rather than a big one over the bed I think I‘m more likely to put a pair of prints between the wall lights and maybe a big round mirror between the windows - or a painting if I fall in love with one. Although if I put a tallboy there as suggested, it might need to be something small. Hmmm.

• PRO
    DESIGNER TOUCHES LTD
    4 years ago

Hi there,

I agree with @colourhappy, you need to add some differentiation in colour or texture to the walls behind the bed. You can opt for a textured wallpaper in a similar tone, like the image below.

Many people are scared of wallpaper, but it really does make all the difference and finishes off the room. The amount of clients that come to us after decorating and say that their room just doesn't feel finished - that is because there isn't any wallpaper. It makes the room feel warmer, also you will be surprised to know that it doesn't mark as much as paint.

A striking headboard really helps to make a feature of the bed, in our scheme below, we have used two different fabrics in this headboard design to give depth to the scheme.

A bed cover really finishes off the room. However you try to dress a bed with just duvets and throws it just doesn't look as polished.

Please do not be afraid of pattern in your fabrics. We have used a lovely floral design in the blinds and cushions, which breaks up the neural tones of the room and provides interest to the scheme.

minipie thanked DESIGNER TOUCHES LTD
  • minnie101
    4 years ago

We did fingers crossed but went down the chemical spray route.. not great but other option was heat treatment for 3k. We ended up having to buy a chest freezer for the garage too as most of my husband's clothes are hand wash or dry clean... A very long weekend with clearing all cupboards, wardrobes, moving furniture etc I don't ever want to repeat! I really hope yours go.

I agree re linen bed. Do you think your husband would agree to a bedspread? Ignore the colour in the last pic but something like that? I used to have a velvet bedspread, which was not cheap, and one of my windows also faces south and it completely faded in quite a short time. I also had a velvet bed end stool (which didn't fade, maybe due to the height). If your husband wont go for the leather stool, I thought this one was nice (it comes in a few colours). I know it's not your style but could always add texture for accessories? Again, ignore colours but I think I'd just go for plain linen curtains in a triple pleat or something? Just a thought, what about a round rug under the chair Instead?

i didn't realise that both the lights in the "bed" pictures were from pooky! (I'm quite tempted to buy the floor lamp myself as they're all on sale 😂). I've added the table lamp in the 2nd pic but what do you think of the complementary wall lights?

it's hard to get images but Cox and Cox have a number of cushions that I think you'd really like. May be worth a look?

PS if you happen to like the art I added, sadly I don't know who it's by as I love it!

• minnie101
    4 years ago

Lights shown over a bed and they also do these white ones

• minnie101
    4 years ago

I'm not sure if you'll like this but it looks as if the frame is bronze? Just tying back to ensuite :)

https://www.roseandgrey.co.uk/white-marble-drum-side-table-two-sizes

• lottie _InteriorDesign123
    4 years ago

My idea

minipie thanked lottie _InteriorDesign123
  • minipie
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I do like those lights, much more than my current ones 😭 I also like quite a few others from Pooky like these https://www.pooky.com/wall-lights/scallop-in-opaline-glass-with-elbow-wall-light-fitting-in-antiqued-bronze#conf.12=218142&conf.13=1598 

Need to broach the subject with husband...and find some reading lights that go well (current ones are satin nickel so not really going to work with brass or bronze)

Now if we were getting an electrician in to change wall lamps, we could also ask him to move the sockets round to the sides of the wardrobe (we have enough depth there, there is a light switch there already) and maybe move the reading lights up a little, and then I could have my original idea of a full width upholstered headboard. Would that be better?

Tallboy looks great in that mock up, and yes a deep bold picture over it. There’s an artist we love and I have in mind, I will find a link (would have to be a print as the oils are out of budget!) Curtains look good too. I now have more linen samples than you can shake a stick at 😁

I do like that velvet bench! That’s another direction for the room.... instead of all the linen and naturals, I could go kind of art deco glam... not so much my thing but would go better with the existing lights! There’s a bed I like that would very much go that way, from Love Your Home, I will find a link.

Round rug under the chair is an interesting idea... most round rugs seem to be modern abstract which I don’t want, but will have a look around! The drum table is not bad, I like the marble top, not sure about the cage effect.

Fingers crossed for your moths too 🤞 and thank you again!

• minipie
    Original Author
    4 years ago

https://www.love-your-home.co.uk/hepworth-bed

this is the art deco style bed (would have to have tiny shelf bedsides). The naturalmat Prideaux is definitely a safer and more practical choice though ... !

• Carolina
    4 years ago

That is a gorgeous bed!

• minipie
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I know - makes you want to sink in! But, it does cause issues with bedside tables given our weeny alcove... and I’m not sure it would really go with washed linen curtains ... would have to re think the whole plan! 😱

• Carolina
    4 years ago

To eliminate bedside tables, I mean

minipie thanked Carolina
  • minipie
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Yes we could do - a false wall deep enough for a shelf would be a bit of a pain though as we already have skirting and carpet fitted so if we built the wall out, the skirting would need to be redone, carpet cut back and refitted etc. (another wish I’d thought about this earlier moment...) We could attach small wood shelves to the sides of the wardrobes maybe?

• minnie101
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Pooky do a few nice lights. I love that bed by Love Your Home, they make some beautiful things, but do you think it looks better floated in the room as they've done? I'm guessing the headboard may be deeper than the wardrobes?

it could be worth looking on somewhere like vinterior for original oils, also a good place for a tall boy.

https://www.vinterior.co/art/paintings/portrait-of-lady-oil-painting-1946?queryID=ffc30be5c1ca56d07d818dbbe7250a9c

West Elm also do this tufted bench which works with the style or the super expensive one by Benchmark (can only get an image in the black leather).

Do you have any thoughts re paint colour (if you are) or curtains?

• minnie101
    4 years ago

Better picture of bench :)

• minnie101
    4 years ago

Forgot to say I like your wall to wall headboard idea too and Carolina's idea, I hope that cat is real in C's 2nd pic 😂

• minipie
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Yes you’re right about that Love your home bed, the wings are deeper than our wardrobes (which are half recessed) so if we had little shelf bedsides they’d be really hard to reach, we‘d have to sit up and reach around the wings.

If I’m honest I don’t think we can face doing anything too complicated like false wall or moving the sockets to allow for the full width headboard! New lights.... maybe... husband is predictably Not Keen.

So, I think that boils it down to the naturalmat Prideaux bed, in linen 😁 with the bigger headboard size if they will do that.

I’m up for painting that section of wall though - we could either use the mid grey green shown on the door, or a much darker grey green (the mid is Blanket and the dark is Squid Ink, both Paint & Paper library). If we use the mid paint then the bed colour would be dark and vice versa.

Linen curtains - need to look at all my samples in the room later on today!

Not heard of vinterior, I will have a browse.

😁 Yes I hope the cat is real!

• Carolina
    4 years ago

Lol, I think it is :-D

minipie thanked Carolina
  • minnie101
    4 years ago

😂 it would be very difficult to reach the shelves! I can understand your reluctance to do more work too after all you've done.

😂 not keen in capitals!

I really like the door colour, I suppose it also depends on the bed colour, they had a number of colours but not loads although they may do bespoke if they do a bespoke size.

Does he like the leather bench?! I'm really struggling to find benches for some reason. Maybe a storage ottoman is another idea? This is from Swoon and comes in a few colours.

vinterior is a great website, definitely worth a look. i haven't specifically looked for your room but Design Vintage is another good website for texture (sounds an odd thing to say but you know what I mean!)

• kazzh
    4 years ago

I thought your Inspiration pic with the deep navy in the soft furnishings stood out amongst your ideas. Would steer away from the grey /pink combination which is running hot in the popular schemes at the moment, as it too will eventually show decorating era!

minipie thanked kazzh
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.