shashi_mali82

Old fashioned fitted wardrobes, what should I do with them ?

Shash

hi all. i am renovating my house, and the bedroom is next. it has wardrobes already fitted in. Originally I was going to dismantle and throw away, but now thinking of an option to keep and modernise them as I though it might be a shame to get rid and perhaps should give them a new lease of life?? (maybe I'm thinking too emotionally). Pics of the room are attached (mind the mess). I also attached rough 3d design plans of my to-be bedroom so you get an idea of what my original vision was. you will also notice there is an alcove in the 3d plans, that is a chimney breast that is currently hidden inside the left side of the fitted wardrobe (making that particular bit useless). A few questions:

1. should I get rid or update them somehow?
  2. you will notice it is blocking parts of the window, would it be possible to move the wardrobe onto the other side and resize like my 3d plan?
  3. if I was to keep and update, do you have any ideas on what you would do with them?

your answers would be hugely appreciated.