webuser_155018360

living room with brown leather sofa

HU-155018360
4 years ago

any ideas on how to spruce up this living room? its featureless and we are stuck with the brown leather sofas which I dont like but as we have 2 kids are practical.
a couple of years ago we painted the walls grey and tried the white furniture to brighten/modernise the room. but something is just not right. it's not a very bright room and I'm not sure if the grey is absorbing the light and not sure the furniture goes, although again its practical. I have some black and white photos in large ish black frames to put over the sofa but the end wall is bland.
I have considered changing the carpet to the flooring that runs through the hall and kitchen/diner but not sure as I prefer the warmth of carpet in a living room. oh and that's a photo of the blind which I would rather not change as I took ages making it!
any ideas? it's got to be on a budget too!

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.