tricia_geraghty

Paint colour for Kitchen cupboards and tiles?

Tricia G
4 years ago

Hi, I am looking to update our kitchen a little by painting the kitchen cupboards and tiles. We're first time buyers and spent the majority of our budget upgrading other essential parts of the house so cant afford to replace the full kitchen at the moment.

I was thinking of painting the cupboards a dark grey colour (which hopefully will kind of match are hall stairway) and buying new handles. Do you think that would work? I am a bit stuck what colour to paint the green, orange and yellow tiles. Does anyone have any suggestions? We've already painted the kitchen walls 'Clunch' by Farrow and Ball and the back green wall is a mix of 2 types of green paint we had left over from our bedrooms. I dont want the tiles to clash with the cupboards or the walls and I am not sure if white might be too cold / harsh. Our kitchen is East facing so gets sun in the morning.

Also looking for recommendations of tile paint.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Tricia

Comments (13)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.