dynodebs

Rugs or no? Advice welcome.

Debbie O'Neill
4 years ago

We are undergoing major renovations in our single-storey former farmhouse and will soon have a wet-system ASHP underfloor heating under travertine throughout. In the living area there will be one large room 13 by 6m, divided by glazed bi-fold doors into living room and kitchen diner.

What I'm stuck on is rugs. I think it will look awfully cold and sterile with no floor coverings, but in order to have an area rug in proportion to the living room, it will have to be approximately 4 x4m, and will be somewhat insulating us against the lovely underfloor heating that we're paying for. We have two 3m sofas and a chair, plus a large coffee table to fit on an area rug. It would be so much simpler without a rug, but . . . I'm sorry I can't put up photos yet as we're still in the construction stage. Any ideas are welcome?

Comments (24)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.