cathy_boorer

Medium sized kitchen interior design on a budget

last modified: 4 years ago

Hi,

I've been looking to replace a 40 year old kitchen. I don't just want new cabinets though but rather the whole space done, including paint, tiles etc, whilst the whole space usage is maximised. I don't know how long I'll be in the house or whether I'll be renting to lodgers (it just really needs replacing), so won't be needing top quality units and work tops. I'd be happy with cheaper/standard kitchen units which look good. I am setting myself a budget for the new kitchen, underfloor heating, spots in the ceiling plus a seating area. My layout wants are as follows:

1 large oven plus one microwave/oven (preferably not at floor level)

1 fridge

1.5 sinks

1 dishwasher

1 washing machine

1 tumble dryer

Lots of cupboard space

Potentially an enclosed bin somewhere

A seating area that incorporates storage at the north end of the room (or extended work top with stools)

The room dimensions are 5010 length x 2450 width but I have 3 doors and 2 windows which then make the layout more difficult to plan. One of the doors is a bathroom door to the right of the ovens. I need a genius kitchen designer who can piece it all together. It's harder than it looks. I would like a traditional style with no handles. Are you able to help?

This is Ikea's plan below. I'm starting to think of not having the 3 cabinets along the right wall but making them swing round somehow (or against the top wall) so that I have a shaped work top that I can put stools around to look out onto the garden....

Many thanks for your time and thoughts.

Cathy