ribena_drinker

Kitchens - do people put aesthetics over planning & function too much?

Ribena Drinker
4 years ago

I often see posts from posters, which go into great detail about the type/colour of worktop they've chosen, the brand and colour of the doors, the taps, the sink, industrial/country etc straight off the bat, commenting all about the look.

But it turns out they have somehow forgotten or overlooked something major or that the layout won't work or isn't practical. Or they're asking questions about something that should have been sorted out well before they started.

So my question is, do you think that sometimes, people are often too consumed with the appearance of the kitchen and how it will look and making that a priority, rather than properly planning the kitchen, considering the functionality and how they use the space. And most importantly, sorting out what needs to be done to achieve it and only then working out the aesthetics after?

I know that a proper kitchen designer will take into account a lot of the planning and requirements, but not everyone uses a 'proper' kitchen designer and rely on 'box shifters' to plan their kitchen.

Yes, more concerned about the appearance
No, more focused on function as a priority

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.