james_durkin43

What planning should i consider for future home automation ?

James

I have just bought a new house which i am planning to completely renovate back to the bare walls and ceilings. I like the idea of home automation and new tech trends. I may not be able to afford to automate everything from the beginning but i want to lay the foundations so that in the future i can add more automation with minimal effort. What sort of things should i plan?

For Example i am going to install Sonos ceiling speakers in 2 or 3 zones so i will run speaker wire to the rooms which is cheap enough then add the speakers when i have the funds to do so.

I know a lot of home automation can run wireless now days but i don't want to miss this opportunity while im still in the planning phase. I'd appreciate peoples thoughts or previous experience. Plus any recommendations on home automation systems you are using would be helpful.