james_durkin43

What planning should i consider for future home automation ?

James
4 years ago

I have just bought a new house which i am planning to completely renovate back to the bare walls and ceilings. I like the idea of home automation and new tech trends. I may not be able to afford to automate everything from the beginning but i want to lay the foundations so that in the future i can add more automation with minimal effort. What sort of things should i plan?

For Example i am going to install Sonos ceiling speakers in 2 or 3 zones so i will run speaker wire to the rooms which is cheap enough then add the speakers when i have the funds to do so.

I know a lot of home automation can run wireless now days but i don't want to miss this opportunity while im still in the planning phase. I'd appreciate peoples thoughts or previous experience. Plus any recommendations on home automation systems you are using would be helpful.

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.