joanne_whitlock5

Which walls to knock down?

Joanne Whitlock
4 years ago

I have a quirky house of small rooms that is not working for us as a family. I am thinking of knocking some walls down and filling in some doors but with many options I keep changing my mind. I am hoping for fresh eyes to help me out. Thank you.

The first pic shows the relationship of the house with the garden. What is important for me is our favourite corner is to the bottom left where there is an old wall. At the moment we rarely use this patio space but love the look of it. My idea is to have doors from the kitchen leading out - to help with light and also to see this view everyday.

The lounge (with fireplace in) is more narrow than I have drawn and therefore we have to have small sofas - I have squiggled out the walls on the second picture to show what I am currently thinking.

The garage is most likely going to be an office for me, but I have even considered putting the kitchen there.

The room I have labelled conservatory is an add on room that has a proper ceiling with a large roof light, it is a room we love and gravitate too. Having a different ceiling height though will make quite a clear distinction between this and adjacent rooms should the wall come down.

Any ideas? Questions?

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.