webuser_980190618

Downstairs loo design - pipe/boxing issues

Erin
4 years ago

Hello, I wondered if anyone could please help with ideas for our downstairs loo which has been newly built as part of a larger extension and renovation. The room is fairly small measuring 96cm x 145cm and unexpectedly there has had to be an area of boxing for pipework up to the ceiling, and further pipework needed along the far wall. I've attached a plan and measurements of the room which includes the current ceiling height boxing and where the new pipework (not yet installed) will need to run, along with two photos of the boxing (first taken from doorway, second from where the toilet will be).

I would really appreciate some help with the following:

- how best (if there are any ways at all!!) to minimise the impact of the existing boxing and disguise the rest of the pipework/incorporate into a design.

- style and best placement of sink

- how we could tile/decorate the room best in consideration of all the boxy areas

We are thinking that a concealed cistern will be best for the toilet and wondered whether the shelf this creates could then follow on along with wall with the pipe somehow, but if all boxed along the wall where the sink is, the plumber has pointed out that this would make access to the taps difficult. Therefore wondered if there was something creative that could be done with shelving/storage etc which would also allow access? Also as the pipe will be angled into the ceiling height boxing, whether a corner sink may work.

Overall very stuck for ideas and need to make some decisions quickly so your help would be really appreciated! I hope this all makes sense as quite complicated to explain - please let me know if it doesn't! Many thanks

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.