heather_gordon99

Exterior paint colours for Edwardian house

H Lambert
4 years ago

Hello,

We're currently renovating/restoring our Edwardian house, and as part of building a side and rear extension, and the shell of a loft conversion, we're planning to repair and redecorate the exterior of the whole house. The windows are timber (this is an older photo so some of the casements in it are upvc and aluminium, but we have now had these replaced with wooden ones) and there is smooth render detailing as well as the roughcast all over. I would like some of the detailing to stand out, and the house to look smart as it once would have done, but am struggling with colour ideas. The smooth plaster detail, stone cills etc, will be continued on the new extension and loft, and all new doors and windows at the back/side will be wood so can all be painted any colour. Current thinking is Little Greene Portland Stone for the roughcast, Portland Stone Pale for the smooth render detailing, and white for woodwork (window frames, porch doors, gable end etc) but I'm worried it might all end up a bit bland! I'd like to introduce some deep green but as the front door is obscured by the porch doors, even painting that won't liven it up much. The garden has got a lot more planting in it now, and the stained glass is green and pinkish-purple.

Thanks for your help!

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.