mishmashe

Urgent - heating our conservatory

mishmashe
4 years ago

We have a large conservatory that is a playroom / sitting room, and is therefore in use all day every day. It's been heated up till now by a Dimplex 3kw plug in radiator, but recently we noticed the socket it was plugged into had cracked, and the cause is that the plug is getting extremely hot. This is actually the 2nd socket it has cracked but we've only just figured out the cause (we replaced the first). So we unplugged it and tried using a smaller plug in radiator, but that plug started getting very hot too. What could be the cause of this, and what other options do we have to heat the conservatory (other than plumbing a radiator in)? It's pretty urgent as we can't use the room with no heating. Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.