rhona28

help! courtyard or no courtyard in a side return extension?!

Rhona Mac

hi, we are about to get an extension on the back of a semi detached house. we have already made the 2 rooms to the front open plan. Should we keep with the plan below of making a courtyard with entry from the lane into the back of the house or should we build the whole width losing the window in the dining room?

any thoughts and ideas are much appreciated. i cant decide if its better having the dining room with its own external source of light and air or if it doesn't matter?

also we dont like that layout for the kitchen but not sure what the best one is. there will be lots of of lights going down the left hand side