lizbrotherton

Layout ideas for ground floor

Liz Bton

Hi everyone,

we have a detached 1960,s house that we are going to change the layout of. The right hand sketch is the current layout with a large porch and internal window through to the dining area that has a full width opening to the lounge.

We plan to incorporate the porch into the current dining area and possibly open up the kitchen to the current lounge Making an open plan kitchen, dining family area.

Couple of dilemmas?

1. What should we do with the opening between the current lounge and dining area - should we fill in the wall, have pocket doors or glazed opening doors (the afternoon light comes from the front door end of the house)

2. How would you layout the proposed open plan kitchen/dining/lounge if we knocked through?

(Sorry the sketches are different sizes 😀)

Any ideas would be gratefully received!!!!

liz