katieo6

How can we update/improve the facade of our house?

Katie O

Below is a photo of the front of our house. As you can see, the cladding is peeling and it's looking rather dated and tired! It was built in 1969 and the cladding and roof need replacing, so we have an opportunity to change the appearance at the same time e.g. remove cladding altogether/full cladding/change to horizontal/vertical cladding/change colour etc. We have tried photoshopping a few ideas, but are really struggling to come up with something that looks right. I'd be grateful for any advice/ideas. Here are our criteria:

• Must be low/no maintenance, especially the top half of the house. We have been considering wood-look fibre cement cladding but it's tricky to find examples of what this would look like on a full house as most seem to be unusual colours or really close-up shots.
  • Has to work with white windows. We would consider changing the front door and garage doors, but we aren't prepared to change all the windows.
  • We will be changing the gutters and soffits which would be another opportunity to change the colours.
  • We are changing the roof and our preference is grey tiles, however we are open minded.

Many thanks!

Katie