yvona9

Victorian terrace flat remodelling tv tv

yvona9
4 years ago

Hello,
I have a need for a third bedroom in my ground floor flat and would like to expand in the side return and rear garden to create new kitchen/ living area with direct access to the garden. Also would love to squeeze in an en-suite.

1. Any thoughts on the layouts ? Where to place the kitchen in the extension? Kitchen currently in the en-suite bedroom (very dark and dingy)
  2. What roof on the extension - pitched or flat? It’s a North facing garden so not great light or sun.
  3. Any suggestions for the roof lights /
    windows in the side return?
  4. If I locate the en-suite in the side return next to the bedroom what I need to consider in terms of waste pipes/ toilet stack vent? Any suggestion on the layout of the bedroom? All waste pipes are located in the courtyard as well as a manhole.
  5. When I remove the side and rear wall I read somewhere not to create “downstand”. What’s the price difference? Column or not column supporting the upper structure at the current rear corner ? Another option is to save some money and not to bother with removing the side wall and use the passage as a storage(only 1.2 m wide)

Any tips on what to do / to avoid would be very welcome!

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.