alexanderjdavies

Colour scheme for 1930s house

Alex Davies
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi all

Having bought this house in May 2018, we've gone about things in a slightly back to front way - blitzing the interior, including a full rewire, new kitchen, extension etc.

Now that we've topped up the savings, we're ready to go again, this time on the exterior and have identified the main areas to focus on as:
1. New windows - will be going with white, flush fit upvc, likely to be leaded in the upper sections, unsure about main sections.
2. Restoration of original front door - I've got a quote from a place in the NW that takes the door away and restores it, with new furniture and refits with proper draught excluding.
3. Painting the exterior

It's the last point that I'm looking for a bit of inspiration on. I know what I don't want - white - we live by the coast and all of the other houses by us that are painted white look fresh until the first few storms of the year hit.

Would like the colour scheme to be in keeping with the age of the house - so something that ties the painted pebble dash, fascia, trim, door etc all in together, and makes the house look a little more visually appealing.

I'm also considering returning the pattern to triangle of the roof, or potentially cladding it, and maybe tiling or cladding the section of the bay between the two windows.

Any suggestions on colour schemes or ways in which to go about selecting would be welcome.

Thanks

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.