paisley69

Botched waterproofing on garden beds

Paisley Dodds
4 years ago

I'm sure I'm not alone here. My husband and I spent way more than what we budgeted for on renovating our house. When it came to the last bits like the garden, we looked for ways (and other people) to help us cut costs since we were being fleeced by our contractors and architect. Our original contractors built our garden beds and used a sika render to supposedly waterproof it, but they also used breeze blocks for the outer walls. Cheaper contractors then came to cover and paint over the breeze blocks. Now most of the walls have deep cracks, and whatever was used over the breeze blocks is hugely porous and essentially just crumbles if you bump it. We don't have the money to tear all of the beds and walls out now, so we are looking for a solution that will last a few years. Once we peel back the paint and scrape off all of the sodden plaster or whatever it is, I'm wondering what we do next? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Paisley

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.