ribena_drinker

Tomato plants and growing tomatoes

Ribena Drinker

Some years ago, we grew tomatoes in the back garden on the sunny patio. We had varying degrees of success with them and concluded they were just too much faff the the amount of fruit we got off them and the quality.

However, with the uncertainty with the supermarkets and lockdowns, I thought we'd have another go. Since we last tried, I've 'retired' and don't work anymore and my OH works a lot from home, so I think we may be able to devote more time to tending said plants. We (I actually mean the OH) have also got significantly better at gardening etc.

As we don't currently have a greenhouse, and they'll just be out once the frost risk has passed, should we go for the standard gro-bag, or should we try them in terracotta pots? I've tried both in the past and neither seemed better than the other. But I just wondered about other people's experience?