lspendl828

Front exterior help, please

lspendl 828

With all this time spent at home, my thoughts have turned to the exterior of our house. We can’t do anything now (obvs), but we can certainly plan. Hope you don’t mind me asking…

We can’t decide what to do with these brown windows. They were like this when we bought the house but over the years, we’ve replaced them with like for like in upvc – all except the 3 upstairs at the front (still wood). We’d never have chosen brown windows but because we changed them piecemeal it just didn’t occur to us not to stick with them – until now!

The top 3 windows need some attention but rather than consider just these, we need a strategy for the whole of the front elevation. Might have the plastic professionally sprayed. Have wondered about changing the glass for plain but maybe we should go the whole hog and opt for new windows in a different design/fenestration.

The brick’s a strange yellow colour, so it makes choosing a window colour quite difficult. Thought about going white but I’ve never been too keen on white upvc but it would brighten things up nicely and be in keeping with most of the street. Or grey? (Currently no grey in the street, at all). Or something else? A nice new front door goes without saying.

Happy to paint the garage door/tiles or consider any other ideas to make it all look better.

We’d really appreciate any thoughts. Thank you. 😊