tristan_woodward

Living room design advice needed!

tristan_woodward

We own a Victorian town house and got our living room to a place we were happy with (well, nearly). I don't know exactly what it is but something doesn't look right and feels like something is missing. My initial thought is that we needed more 'height' in our fixtures and fittings. I had a couple of thoughts but before making any changes and buying more stuff I wanted to see what people with a better eye for it thought....

My ideas were:

- To increase height on the left (and bridge the gap between the sofa/table and picture ledge) I was going to buy a curved floor lamp and then put a plant on the table

- On the right I would replace the Peace Lilly with a taller table plant to increase the height and again bridge the gap to the picture ledge

- I wonder if the picture ledge should come down though not sure to what height given the varying size of pictures.....though I am loathe to do this and would only do as a last resort

I would be interested to hear what other people would do if this was theirs. Would you put pictures on the adjacent walls to the back wall, put plants in other places etc.