wglenn44

Turning an ugly duckling into a swan

wglenn44
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I love my house but it needs an extension and im not a big fan of the way it looks. Wondering if I can enlist some advice on how to do an extension and make it more aestehically appealing...

It has 2 front doors (very confusing for the postie), one on the far left which actually takes you straight into the utility room and the one further to the right which takes you to a central hallway.

It really needs a ground floor extension to create a desired family kitchen, diner, lounge area but im concerned about the proximity to the road (its a quiet cul-de-sac but still..) and how it could be designed to improve the look of the property. Im not adverse to a 2 storey extension if it makes sense.

It also has a separate garage which eats into the rear garden, my thought was to try an integrate a garage into the main property or create a structure in the front.

Any advice on aesthetic changes would also be really welcome!

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.