minnie101

April challenge, sat 4th: wallpaper

minnie101

Please join in and create a moodboard or add photos of furniture etc which you think would work with this wallpaper.

• Carolina

Maybe? Or we get the 'tuttemerul' from your load of tut. Either the chicken or the egg ;-)

• Jules Mc

Ah is that where we get ' a load of tut from then'??

• Carolina

Ha, yes, I can take lots of spaces very well, virtually. In real life I'm a bit of a minimalist. But I can see why others like lots of patterns and what we in the Netherlands call 'tuttemerul' (the smaller decorative items). Just can't deal with it in real life :-D

• Jules Mc

Love it Carolina. Isn't it amazing how a potentially overpowering wallpaper instantly recedes depending what you put with it?! Really opening my eyes and taking me out of my comfort zone (virtually of course ๐Ÿคฃ)

• Carolina

I went for a French/Oriental/eclectic bedroom

• Jules Mc

I did think about that Minnie, I just not sure I'd use or want that in the room either to be honest. Perhaps I'll have a go though before shoving it in the loft (and hiding my shabby efforts from Patrina ) ๐Ÿคฃ Thanks for the idea ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• minnie101

๐Ÿ˜‚ you may as well take advantage of it and chill!

would you consider turning it into a footstool? Maybe with a cushion as deep as the side and keep the wooden sides exposed so it just sits on top (somehow!) ? I know you can get foam cut to whatever shape so it may not be too hard (with Patrina's guidance!! ๐Ÿ˜‚ )

• Jules Mc

See, just sitting there doing nothing ๐Ÿค” (a bit like me today!!)

• Jules Mc

I've got a table very similar to this ( I bought in Dublin yrs ago) . I love it so am loathe to part with it but have never found a use/place for it since I moved to a house with rather small living room. Any ideas?

• minnie101

NM, they have some stunning fabrics and colours ๐Ÿ™‚

• nmlondon
    last modified: last month

This would be my inspiration, something similar to these images

• nmlondon

@minnie101 I love yours, my mood board would be very similar, Iโ€™d be inspired by Jim Thompsonโ€™s fabrics and interiors. This is very me.

• Jules Mc

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

• minnie101

๐Ÿ˜‚ it's a slippery slope!

i think it's probably bad enough before ๐Ÿท although maybe I should have given him several ๐Ÿป before doing it!

• Jules Mc

No of course not Minnie
    My other half asked me did I want a wine at 11am yesterday as I was loading the washing machine. I think he was joking but wouldn't like to say for certain?!! ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿท๐Ÿ˜‚
    Might have been interesting to see how the haircut came out post beers though ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• minnie101

Love it Jules and the piccollage is great!

is it too early for a ๐Ÿฅƒ , I've just had to cut my husband's hair, nerve wracking was not the word ๐Ÿ˜‚

OnePlan

Yay !!! Boom ๐Ÿ’ฅ

• Jules Mc

Love those two so far. I just recommended teal and orange on another post re: a kitchen Minnie!!

Ok so I don't like being left out and I've warned you I'm not very good at stuff like this, but I've had a go on pic collage. Still not sure about what think, was trying for bit of upskilling !

• minnie101

๐Ÿ˜‚

Love it Rachel!

I went for maximalism (Or attempted to!) ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Carolina

I love it, Rachel :-) The boom made me laugh out loud. Karen will be pleased :-D

I'll have a think about this challenge too, but I'm off to the garden now.

• rachelmidlands

Oh, and to make things easier all the products (except for the art) are from Maisons Du Monde ๐Ÿ™‚.

• rachelmidlands

Iโ€™ve missed loads of these design challenges and love doing this kind of thing. Iโ€™d be here all day tho if I did them all but thought Iโ€™d join in this one. Gone for a Californian style I think ๐Ÿค” and just for you Karen @OnePlan I put a mini explosion in ๐Ÿ˜„.

OnePlan

I think this should come with a small explosion at then end - as in mission impossible !! ( unless you are Lawrence Llewelyn Bowen )