steph_grant7

Total Garden refurbishment ideas please!

steph_grant7
4 years ago

We are looking for ideas for our square garden. We moved in last August and so far have removed overgrown trees and shrubs, but unsure what to do next. We have lovely views of mountains and sea and neighbours garden, but ours is a bit rubbish. We have thought of removing the hexagonal patio slabs and concreting straight across to where the bins are, using the area behind the garage and oil tank for bins, coal bunker and moving washing line over to there as well. The raised beds at the sunroom have peonies in them which I’d quite like to move somewhere so I could use that space for herbs, rosemary, lavender.

The end of the garden falls away towards the fence with the neighbouring primary school. We have a dog and two children, aged 9 and 11, so plenty of cycling around in circles for the kids and chasing a ball for the pup at present in lockdown. It is proving reasonably practical! I’d like a it to be a bit more charming and include somewhere for eating outside. Big ask, all ideas welcome. I love the notion of a wisteria covered pergola, a bank of hydrangea, some herbs, maybe a fire pit or chimney but not sure where to start. Oh and it’s about 21 feet by 21 feet I think.

thanks in advance

Stephanie

S

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.