Scandinavian Apartment - Help

HU-698654670

Hi!

I would love to hear your thoughts on my dining room/living room. I am a student who is renting an apartment. The dining room/living room area is quite small, but we're having trouble making the area feel open and integrated if that makes sense. We've tried to move the furniture around (we have a large round table and a sofa that we'd be sad to get rid off) Our living room is a part of the kitchen and eating area. I feel sad about this area as I feel it lacks flow and a kind dark. Not much lighting. I would love to get more plants and greens into this area, but I feel hopeless about this room.

How would you arrange this room to make it feel more natural and cozy? Would you have done anything differently? Any idea is welcomed and highly appreciated (-:

Thanks!

A hopeful student