cartrefni

How to repurpose this area of the garden?! Creative ideas welcome.

cartrefni

We are trying to decide what to do with this space at the bottom of the garden. The previous owners used it as an additional dining area - although the corner doesn't have the sun at the end of the day. We avoid it at the moment as the steps are quite steep and it gathers lots of branches and leaves from the woodland behind.

We have a baby and a toddler so I'd like to repurpose it for them - an area that can be used throughout the year. It has some nice features like the railings and the floor (which I'd be open to keeping with the right idea).

The things we have considered so far have been decking, filling it with rubble/cement and laying artificial grass. Someone recently suggested leaving the base as it was and covering with a gazebo type structure - not entirely convinced by this but thought it was an interesting option.

Open to creative ideas, suggestions as well as practical considerations!