martin_mitchell5

Why is it so hard to find a cool compact basin for downstairs toilet?

Martin Lawrence
4 years ago

I've been looking for a while now for an attractive and cool sink for my downstairs toilet. All the nice ones are too big and all the small ones are too small or too boring/old fashioned. I'd like something around the (D & W) 380mm mark.

Countertop bowls look nice, but by the time you add a tap, they start going over the 420mm size, plus it's harder than i expected to find a nice counter too.

I know it sounds weird, I mean it's just a tiny under-stairs toilet that people are going to spend literally 5mins in, but it still feels like it should be classy.

Anyone got any advice/ideas/suggestions for what to get and from where in the UK? Anyone got any pics of their downstairs toilet that they're proud of.

Thanks in advance.

This is old our sink and the new boxing for the toilet and the tile we're thinking of putting halfway up the wall:

How it used to look:

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.