oddiegirl3

Kitchen diner layout advice-where does the dining table go?

oddiegirl3
4 years ago

Hi

we have a long and narrow kitchen diner room, the end of a semi detached Victorian.

Its roughly 3.8 wide and a little over 10 metres long. I attached the design of a kitchen company we didn’t go with and they missed out the last half a metre at the end it seems But my latest CAD drawings from our cabinet makers have not yet arrived.

The design for the kitchen is set and in the middle it is a chef’s table not an island which you can’t represent well in plan but maybe the picture gives you a better idea. There are two matching alluminium crittal effect bifold at the end of the room where there is a side return and at the back and a slim tall woodburner in the corner between the two bifold.

I currently have a 2.2x 0.9 rectangular dining table which we might change but will have to do whilst we replenish our funds (!) and I am wondering about the best layout for it? ideally I would have liked to keep room for a single chair or a small double sofa looking out at garden too?

We are a family of 4.

so questions are:

1/ where do I put the actual table and therefore main light As the electrician is coming next week.

2/ ultimately shall I buy an oval round table to break those lines? What table would you go for? And where Would you place it?

any advice with layout from someone with a similar layout or anyone interested in this greatly appreciated.

many thanks In anticipation.

below is the layout , the kitchen designer had put a huge table bang in the middle which I badly removed from the pix.

And this is a picture to show the look of the kitchen end channelling the PE kitchen look!

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.