webuser_408319892

What to plant in new beds

MS
4 years ago

Hi!

i have been reading the questions for a couple of weeks and love everyone’s ideas!

So here is my first question!

We have spent the day digging a new flower bed- we didnt have any till now- just grass and patio.

we have three little boys so tried to keep the garden as a play area for them rather than something glamorous, but I really want some plants or flowers.

the trouble is my husband is very scared of bees, so we are somewhat limited.

i would like shrubs which don’t need much care, and maybe some flowers too which don’t mind footballs brushing past them! Also nothing which is dangerous should the littlest one decide to take a munch!

I don’t know the position of the garden but we get sunshine most of the day; and it leaves from the back of the garden first.

I don’t have a picture of the full garden, but here is the unfinished newly dug bed!

thanks in advance!

(ps the fence may well be repainted!)

Comments (23)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.