phil_scott28

Help: Where to put appliance isolator switches in new kitchen

Phil Scott
4 years ago

I'm planning my new kitchen with a large island and a bank of tall units along the opposite wall (picture attached).

All the appliances are either housed in the tall units (fridge, freezer, ovens) or in the island (hob, dishwasher) and the sockets for all the appliances will be hidden by the cabinets. However, as there won't be any visible wall space in the kitchen around the appliances I am struggling with where I should put isolator switches for the appliances. There will be about 10 appliances that I think should all have isolator switches so it's quite a number and I don't really want to have 10 switches all lined up somewhere as it will be quite unsightly.

So far my only idea is to put them inside the cabinets, but then I read somewhere that you shouldn't put the isolator switch directly above or below the appliance it isolates which would cause me problems for the appliances in the tall units.

Has anyone been through this before and can share how they solved it?

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.