emma_howard_1993

Help planning open plan kitchen/living extension on 1930's house.

emma_howard_1993
3 years ago

Hi all,

My boyfriend and I have recently brought a classic 1930's house and keen to renovate the kitchen/living space to make a much more social modern space- great for hosting. We are wanting to 'square off' the back of the house and add in bi-fold windows and sky lights to make a big bright and airy space. We have a large and redundant area down the side of the house which we were considering a 1 story extension to move the toilet and add a front garage/storage area as well as a utility.

Unsure how to lay out the kitchen/living area, we have a supporting pillar which is a bit of a challenge to plan around. Then still working out the best way of organising the 1 story extension- should it have access to the garden?

The first picture outlines roughly what the floor plan currently is.

The second picture is what we are thinking so far, however, we've read a few different posts and still fairly unsure on the layout.

We'd massively appreciate any suggestions on how we could best organise and plan the renovation!

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.