emma_howard_1993

Help on extension for open plan kitchen/living on 1930's house.

Hi all,

My boyfriend and I have recently brought a great 1930's house. We are looking to 'square off' the back of the house and add bi-folds and sky lights to make a bright and airy open plan area, perfect for hosting. Within this space we'd like the kitchen, large dining area and a small sofa/chill area (we'll have the main lounge as well).

We are also planning a one story extension down the side of the house where there is currently a redundant driveway- (we also have a front drive). We were planning to have a garage, downstairs loo/shower and utility in this space. Still unsure the best use of this area though- should we have access to the garden etc?

The first picture below is the current floor plan.

The second picture is roughly our plans now (very much subject to change). There is a supporting pillar in the kitchen which is a bit of a challenge to plan around.

Any help or guidance on what you'd suggest to do would be massively appreciated!

Thanks in advance!