al3xn

Garden Design + Levelling / Sloping Garden Help

al3xn
3 years ago

Hi, we've recently purchased a new build house and we're struggling a bit with how to configure the garden due to the way it slopes.

It's essentially just a 10m x 10m square at the moment with a few squares of pavement, and a slope from the top left towards the house and to the right fence. (see pics)

We're trying to work with the level as much as possible to reduce the cost of levelling, and we're thinking of a deck in the top right (sunspot), and a raised lawn in the top left, with some steps and sleeper beds / steps around the garden to support it. (see drawing)

Does anyone with any garden experience have any thoughts on how feasible something like this would be and how much it would roughly cost?

Or any alternative ideas for the garden? We have a dog so a lawn is essential, and a deck or patio in the top right is pretty much a given for us.

Any ideas/design tips would really be appreciated! We're looking for something quite modern, ideally with levels to create interest and reduce the levelling costs (if this even achieves that?)

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.