phil_scott28

Full height doors or 70/30 split in tall units?

Phil Scott
3 years ago

I am planning a bank of tall units along one wall that will include full height fridge/freezers and larder units either side of the ovens.

My dilemma is whether to go with 70/30 split doors (Option 1 in the picture) or full height doors (Option 2 in the picture).

I'd like to go with separate full height fridge and full height freezer rather than 2 x 70/30 fridge/freezers, but the full height ones seem more expensive than the split appliances. A 70/30 split appliance with a full height door sounds odd as you would have to open both the fridge and freezer at the same time even when you only needed one of them.

But I think the opposite is true with the larder units where having a full height door makes more sense. Symmetry is important to me so I don't want to mix the options.

What would you do?

Comments (13)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.