abellewoo

Advice on front door colour

Annabelle
3 years ago

There must be so many resources for this particular query.

Obvs a first world issue, but I am using my lockdown time wisely and repairing front door and garage doors.

My house is a mid 1930s detached house, painted in chalky downs. The door and garage were a pale sagey green (you can see it slightly on garage doors). I kind of liked it but now that I have prepped the front door I want to make sure I choose the right colour and not a 'just for now' option.

I am still drawn to the sagey greens as it blends well with the greenery around the house and the yellow tinge of the house colour. Also with it being sagey, the garage doors don't shout at you as you approach the house.

I like the idea of a bold dark colour but fear it'll be too much contrast on the garage door.

Would appreciate some advice in which direction to go!

Thanks so much

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.