webuser_140692285

How to open Miele dishwasher door (G7102SC) after AutoOpen

Bela M
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I got the new Miele G7102SC dishwasher and, this may sound stupid, after using it for the first time I couldn't figure out how to open the freaking dishwasher door...

At the end of the washing cycle, the door gets auto opened (pushed) just a little bit by a plastic latch to let out the steam and essentially help your dishes dry quicker, but it also looks like that same latch that pushed the door to open is locked into the door and holds it locked. My first thought was to pull it harder, but when you just spent so much money on the dishwasher you don't want to accidentally break it after the very first time of using it.

I looked in the instructions - nothing, I searched the internet - thank you, everyone, who suggested I unscrew and remove the door. The solution was too simple, I just had to pull it harder to open. Believe me, after trying to figure out how to open a dishwasher door for about an hour I laughed so much...

I can't be the only person who's been in this situation ;)

Comments (199)

Sponsored
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.