dominic_design88

Downlights in Bedroom Layout - Pics Included

Dominic 88
3 years ago

Hi guys,

After much humming and ahhing I've decided to install some downlight in one of the bedrooms. This is the bottom left bedroom in the floorplans below. I know that some people think that downlight have no place in a bedroom, but I have quite low ceilings (2.3) so I don't want a central pendant or similar. My tastes are quite modern also and I know that they can work if arranged correctly.

The idea is to have a number of downlights for general ambient lighting, with two pendants either side of the bed for accent lighting. If you look at the floorpan below, the downlights are in red, and the pendants in yellow. My electrician originally put them all above the bed (bit odd), but I'm wary about putting the lights directly above the bed (as who wants to stare up at downlights).

Which is the more sensible layout? Should the downlights extend to the edge of the room as in the alternative floorplan layout? The right number of downlights? The room is 11m2.

Thanks for all your help in advance :)

OPTION A

OPTION B

OPTION C

ACTUAL ROOM

OPTION A
OPTION B
OPTION C

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.