Garden redesign for newly purchased home, help please :(

Ayse
last modified: 5 months ago

Hello,

I am in the process of moving to a my new house. I am a first time buyer and I loved the large garden this house offered. However it seems I am clueless on garden redesign and I'm starting to feel that this would be a project beyond my skills.

So here's the footprint of the garden. The blue area is a shed complex and the yellow area is a pergola. The pink area is cement filled and is now used as the garage space.

I am on a very tight budget, so I won't be removing the pergola, but that's a future plan :)

I would like to convert some of the front are to garden space and fill all the green zone with turf and plant. I think this will be the easiest part in what I'm hoping to achieve:

Here're some pictures of the rear garden, which is the real mess. Below is the view from within the pergola. I am keen on veggies, so I'll keep the greenhouse on the left side:

This child play ground will go:

The whole garden looks like an ugly jungle right now. I think I will need to build some fences and remove a lot of plants.

What do you think of this? Do you think I need a designer to get this into decent shape? Do I need professional help for re-turfing or similar?

Also any ideas on how to design it would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot!