aimee_derrick48

Balancing converting/extending with buying a new house.

Aimee Derrick

I know this is a how long is a piece of string type question but would be interested in other people’s opinions....

We live in a small 3 bed ex council house. When we moved her I thought it might be a stepping stone to a slightly larger and nicer look house (ours is literally the ugliest house I know of 😂).

However when I’m looking at what Houses cost at the moment and what I would need to spend to be a house I’d want to bother moving for, I’m surprised at the cost. I’m not talking about wanting extravagant here just a slightly larger nicer 3 bed!

I’m pondering if we should just accept that we have an ugly house, do an extentsion or loft conversion for additional space and use the saved money to be able to do more exciting things as a family. or if We should work on saving money so in 6-10 years we can look at moving.

Any tips on how you balanced up different options?

anyone made A similar decision and want to share why they prioritised and how it turned out.