webuser_948120081

Ground floor re configure lay out

c l
3 years ago

Hello

I am really struggling to find a way to re-configure this bungalow as I want to move the main living area to the back of the house to open up into the garden. Along with many many others, the open plan living area/ kitchen is what I would like to create. The dimensions are very small in some of the rooms, with the dining room being just under 2m wide and the inner hallway 0.78m, so knocking down walls will be very necessary.

I would also like to go up into the loft to create a large bedroom and bathroom with dorma windows, or velux depending on cost, so I need to incorporate stairs. There are velux windows in smaller bedroom and bathroom, would these be a problem? I would need to put in windows on the side of the house for light into these rooms.

My thoughts so far would be to open up the front porch into part of the kitchen and allow for stairs to be put in on the right hand side. Make the living room at the front of the house into a bedroom (although there is an open fire place to consider...) Knock down dining room and hall way wall and part of bathroom. Keep toilet where it is and block in to have small downstairs loo with basin, possibly with shower (although I dont think you could have a door from loo leading into a kitchen). Then have kitchen diner at back with doors leading to garden.

Would it be worth doing small extension where the conservatory is to square off the room? Would it be vastly more expensive to push out the back wall at the same time as building out to the side wall?

Gosh, I am so confused. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance.

PORCH: 9' 0" x 3' 3" (2.75m x 1.0m)

LOUNGE: 22' 1" x 6' 8" (6.74m x 3.04m)

DINING ROOM: 12' 7" x 6' 5" (3.86m x 1.96m)

CONSERVATORY: 9' 8" x 5' 8" (2.95m x 1.75m)

KITCHEN 9' 0" x 8' 3" (2.75m x 2.53m)

INNER HALL: 6' 3" x 2' 6" (1.93m x 0.78m)

BEDROOM: 9' 7" x 9' 7" (2.93m x 2.93m)

BEDROOM: 11' 11" x 11' 9" (3.65m x 3.59m)

BATHROOM: 8' 11" x 5' 4" (2.72m x 1.65m)

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.