webuser_34916151

Washstand dilemma

HU-34916151
3 years ago

I need a wooden butchers block or console style wash stand to put a bathroom counter top sink on. Needs to be thinner than most standard ones plus shorter, I think. (Why are so many counters 800mm high? Kids will never reach a sink on top of that, nor will some of my more petite friends.) Need it 800-900Lx 400D X 720ish high. Needs space under for your feet and shelves rather than doors so knees can go in...basically, I want the men of the house to lean up as close as possible to the sink to reduce shaving mess all over the place. Have already been stung by a poor quality joiner making one that is dreadful quality and I now have to chase him through the courts for a refund. Guaranteed quality (Burbidge, Parker & Howley) seems to be about £1000+ just for the unit, minus sink, tap etc. Gahhh. Is there a happy medium? £500 for something to my size/spec? In an ideal world, it would be with a stone top so splashing is less of an issue (although I get that would cost more). Not keen to adapt a regular piece of furniture as it needs to be good for a very wet bathroom (although it is not a wetroom...just lots of steam and splashing). Thanks for advice about brands to try and how to get thinner, shorter versions.

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.