bryan_spence

Ok to combine steel glass & aluminium in same room ?

Bryan Spence
3 years ago

Hi all

im just undergoing an extension and plan to put a large crittal screen on the back of the wall that is about 5m wide and 3m high.

along with this there will be a set of french double opening doors to the side of the box.

as the u value is pretty bad on steel glass (I’m looking at the w20 non thermal break versio) I wanted to improve the thermal properties a little by using aluminium triple glazing elsewhere?

that would include a large window 3m high and 2m wide - as well as a long letterbox window 3.6m wide and 0.6m high

My only worry is combining the two ? Would it be noticeable do you think ?

the aliminium would be recessed into the wall so minimal frames on show .. do I guess its not really an issue- but Id like to know everyone’s thoughts on it

tl;dr

can you use aluminium framed glass alongside steel framed glass in the same room.

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.