webuser_481098707

Help thinking about where all the kitchen appliances should go?

Kevin K
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I'm renovating a house and having headaches about how to effectively fit everything into the kitchen (appliances and storage along the kitchen wall)

Currently, there's just one kitchen wall to left. I opted to not have an island (which would have increased counter / appliance space) in order to maximize how open the kitchen is.

For the kitchen, must have appliances are:

- the fridge

- stove

- oven (likely below the stove)

- sink

- dishwasher (either one built into the sink - looks like a double sink from above, or a slimline one),

- microwave: this is giving me the biggest headache - prefer to have one hiding in the cabinets below the counter, but not sure if it should take up the space between the stove and sink

Note: the far left part of the kitchen wall can't have any heavy appliances built-in as there is a piping shaft that may need to be accessed from time to time

Any thoughts are appreciated! (even on types of appliances that may work given size etc.)

Thanks,

Kevin

Comments (22)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.