webuser_484220830

Awkwardly shaped entrance hall - Help needed to furnish and style!

L S
3 years ago

Hi guys

Help needed please!

I have bought a new (contemporary design) house and it has a large albeit awkwardly shaped entrance hall. I am really struggling with ideas as to how to design so that it is a) functional as an entrance hall, and b) very beautiful "wow" type entrance.

At present, the walls are bare white and the floors are light grey square tiled (which can't be changed). The whole room needs furnishing and styling including lights (at present just down spotlights everywhere). I'd particularly like to do something interesting with the curved wall. The house is contemporary in design (think glass box over three floors) and the interiors could feel quite cold without additional colours/textures in the design.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated - particularly around type and placing of furniture/lighting.

Many thanks in advance - floorplan below.

Comments (15)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.