webuser_477153271

Advice on colours to temporarily update and refresh kitchen

Sarah
3 years ago

Our house is 1950s and has I think what were the original wooden kitchen units and decorated at the latest in the 1970s. It has orange units, pale yellow/cream tiles and patterned orange wallpaper and lino flooring.
We had planned to redo the kitchen this year but with everything going on, will probably leave it until at least next year. It functions perfectly well for now but as we can't change it yet, I would like to freshen it up by painting the cupboards, walls (which really need painting anyway) and tiles. I actually quite like the wallpaper, as it is quite retro so would like to keep that for now. I'm just a bit uninspired for the cupboards, the walls which don't have the wallpaper and tiles. I was wondering if anyone had advice.
I had been thinking a cream for the cupboards but not sure about the walls and tiles, whether it should be quite neutral too or a contrasting colour to the wallpaper. Would like it to look not quite so orange overall!
Many thanks.

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.